Grilled Masala Lamb Chops & Mint Chutney
This grilled lamb chop recipe is decadent and delicious. It's a great finger food dinner parties. Try it with the mint chutney below and you'll have a dish guests will be raving about.
Preheat the oven on the broil setting.
Wash the rack of lamb under cold running water and pat dry. Cut the rack into individual chops. This should make about eight individual pieces. To save some time, ask your butcher to french and cut the rack for you. Wrap aluminum foil on the bone ends to avoid charring.
Combine all ingredients in a bowl except for lamb chops. Lightly coat a baking sheet with oil. Lightly rub oil on the lamb chops making sure to only coat the meat and not the bone tips. Coat lamb with marinade and set aside for 10-30 minutes.
Cook the chops by placing the baking sheet about 10 inches away from the element. Cook for 4 minutes on each side or to desired doneness. Remove from the oven. Place lamb chops on a plate and cover with tin foil, allowing meat to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Makes about 1 cup | Prep time: 10 min | Cook time: 0 min
- 1 cup mint leaves (lightly packed and stems removed)
- 1 cup cilantro (roughly chopped and lightly packed)
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1 Serrano chili
- 1 cup sweet Vidalia onion (roughly chopped)
- Wash mint and cilantro. Remove the mint leaves from the hard stems and use only the leaves. Coarsely chop cilantro.
- Peel and chop onion into large chunks. Remove the stem of the serrano chili.
- Begin by blending the onion, salt, lemon juice, sugar and chili in a blender or food processor. Then add the mint leaves and cilantro and continue to blend all the ingredients together to form a fine paste.
- If the chutney has a chunky consistency, add 1-2 tablespoons of water and then continue to blend until the chutney is very smooth.
Aloo Baingan (Potatoes & Eggplant)
Aloo Baingan is a delicious dish made from Indian eggplants and potatoes. Indian eggplants are the small round variety as shown in the picture. This recipe is one of our...
Aloo Gobi (Potatoes & Cauliflower)
Aloo Gobi is a popular dish made from cauliflower and potatoes. This recipe is another one of our favourites because it is so easy to make and so delicious. Makes...
Baingan Bhartha (Eggplant Mash)
Baingan Bhartha is a spicy eggplant mash. It is characterized by a smoky flavor that develops while roasting the eggplant. Eggplants come in many shapes and sizes. For this preparation...
BBQ Chicken Wings
Here's a way to spice up your same old chicken wings. This dish always gets rave reviews from guests and our customers. Makes approximately 25 wings | Prep time: 15 min...
Watch our recipe video to learn how to make Bhindi! Bhindi (okra or lady's finger) is a summer vegetable that is quite popular in Indian cuisine. I’ve simplified this recipe by cooking...