Butternut Squash Soup
This delicious yet easy recipe was sent to us by one of our customers and we are so glad she did (thanks Allison)! It's a great way to spice up the usual butternut squash soup recipe especially when the temperature drops.
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 ribs of celery, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 Tsp of freshly minced ginger root
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 4-6 cups of vegetable broth or water
- 2 Tbsp Jaswant's Kitchen Tadka Masala
- Halve the squash and scoop out the seeds.
- Brush each side with melted butter and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
- Roast in a 425F oven for about an hour, or until a knife is easy inserted into the center. Allow the squash to cool until it can be handled.
- Sautée the onions, carrots, celery, garlic and ginger in some oil with 1 tbsp of the tadka masala until they are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Then scoop out the cooked squash and add to the pot.
- Add the broth or water and the coconut milk and bring to a boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Blend the soup until smooth. If it's too thick, add more broth or water until the desired consistency is reached. Adjust seasoning as needed.
Aloo Baingan (Potatoes & Eggplant)
Aloo Baingan is a delicious dish made from Indian eggplants and potatoes. Indian eggplants are the small round variety as shown in the picture. This recipe is one of our...
Aloo Gobi (Potatoes & Cauliflower)
Aloo Gobi is a popular dish made from cauliflower and potatoes. This recipe is another one of our favourites because it is so easy to make and so delicious. Makes...
Baingan Bhartha (Eggplant Mash)
Baingan Bhartha is a spicy eggplant mash. It is characterized by a smoky flavor that develops while roasting the eggplant. Eggplants come in many shapes and sizes. For this preparation...
BBQ Chicken Wings
Here's a way to spice up your same old chicken wings. This dish always gets rave reviews from guests and our customers. Makes approximately 25 wings | Prep time: 15 min...
Watch our recipe video to learn how to make Bhindi! Bhindi (okra or lady's finger) is a summer vegetable that is quite popular in Indian cuisine. I’ve simplified this recipe by cooking...